Thursday, May 10, 2012

Spinning Loft and Yarn Harlot

Earlier this week I took some much needed 'me time' and headed down to the Spinning Loft in Howell, MI – picking up Melynda on the way of course – for two awesome days of classes with the wonderful Yarn Harlot. I learned a lot, laughed so hard my face hurt, made new friends (Hi Steven!) and got inspired to try new techniques. It was the best time.

Unfortunately, I forgot my Nikon but was able to get some shots with my phone…

Class Day 1: Knitting for Speed and Efficiency
(photo of how to hold my yarn while Lever Knitting)



Class Day 2: Colowork – All Kinds


(my work area at the end of the day)


(Melynda's cute bunny creation - meow) ;)


(Melynda and I. I was quite fond of my intarsia heart swatch)


(My table mates and I posing for a class photo with the Yarn Harlot. Pictured left to right: Steven, Erica, Yarn Harlot, Melynda and I. Missing from the photo is Kelly from Chicago)


Thank you so much Stephanie and Beth for putting on such a wonderful event. I had a great time and learned a lot while getting a much needed Mommy's Time Out!

5 comments:

Beth said...

I was so happy to see you! It was a fun 2 days.

nook. said...

ohmygoodness. this looks like the BEST weekend ever!!! honestly! i'm super uber jealous. and excited for you! i need to go to one of these things ;) xo

Unknown said...

I'm so envious! You'll have to tell us more about it.

Maryse said...

Wow! What a happy crowd!

Anonymous said...

it was great to meet you.
you're so freakin' gorgeous!
and your one-liners had me in stitches.
the next time you and melynda hook up for knitting stuff, call me!