Tuesday, January 10, 2012

FO: Clara Dress

I've been excited to cast on for this project from the day Melynda sent me a surprise kit for it in the mail. That was back when I wasn't sure if I was going to have a boy or a girl. I've actually had it done for some time now and finally have gotten around to taking proper photos of it.


As we know, I ended up having a sweet boy so this dress will eventually go into my 'knitted gifts' basket waiting to be gifted to a special baby girl. For now I've been hanging it on the wall as a work of art - it's just beautiful. It's nice to think about who this dress will end up going to but for now (and maybe for a long time) it's mine to admire. I just love it!


************************************************************************

Pattern Source: Clara Dress by Karin Vestergaard Mathiesen for Isager. You can buy a kit for it HERE.
Yarn: Isager Strik Alpaca 2
Notes: More details at my Ravelry link HERE

4 comments:

Kelly said...

such a cute dress!

nursenikkiknits said...

I've been admiring this kit from afar for quite a while. Your gorgeous dress has made me want it even more!

Unknown said...

I LOVE this dress! I'm currently knitting my third Clara Dress. The 1st was so cute I just couldn't part with it, it's currently in my "knitted gifts" basket (I love that we all have one of those!) and I check on it every once in a while when I need a dose of adorable. I gifted the second and I've got a third on the needles that will also be a gift. Such a great little dress!

Maryse said...

So adorable in red! I'll keep that in mind for a baby gift!