Tuesday, January 1, 2013

WIP: Parapluie

Hello and Happy New Year! I'm popping in to wish you all a very happy and healthy 2013! I hope you are and have been enjoying a wonderful Holiday. My family and I sure have. It's been busy but so enjoyable. Today I'm spending a very relaxed, lazy day at home with my boys. I'm even casting for a new sweater for myself!




It's been a long time since I've been able to work on a pattern that wasn't my own and a really long time since I've knit something for myself. I feel in love with Parapluie, designed by the lovely Hilary Smith Callis, when I first saw it in Twist Collective Fall 2012. I'm very excited to finally be casting on for it. I'm even using stash yarn that I've had like forever, gotta love that!



So how are you spending your day. What will be the first project for your needles in 2013?



3 comments:

French Press Knits said...

This will look so cute on you! We too spent a day at home. Elise is loving the sledding and ice skating these days. Have you been able to bust out on your new pond yet??

Zenitude said...

Parapluie is really beautiful! I've coasted on the Antler cardigan and the Alcyone shawl.
Wishing you a happy, healthy New Year!

Anonymous said...

I've been eyeing that sweater pattern myself! (though tunics always look a hot mess on me) I think my first new project is going to be a pair of socks though :)